Within Reloadify we offer the possibility of creating automatic or manual discount codes. You can add both options to both your triggers and newsletters.
To create a discount code you will find the tab "Dynamic Content" in the left menu; there you select "Discount Codes". You will be forwarded to a dashboard. Here you will find the names of your discount codes, the merge tag (to use in your emails), the usage (history) and what type of discount code it is.
Creating automatic discount codes
Automatic discount codes are a powerful feature for luring back inactive customers and hopefully persuading them to buy something, as well as a great gesture on a customers birthday.
To create a new discount code click on "Add Discount Code" on the top right. Afterwards you'll see two options, where we decide on the first one; "Add New Discount Code".
- You begin with the name of the discount code. It's advisable to use a name that describes the topic of the discount code. In the image below we created a discount code for a birthday email.
- For "How much discount" and "Discount type" you can choose to apply a fixed amount or a percentage discount, for example €20,- or 20% .
- Afterwards you can specify how long the discount code will be valid for.
- Then you can choose a minimum order value and the number of times the discount code may be used. The customer for example has to spend at least €20,- to use the discount code.
- Additionally you can offer free shipping.
Check your settings, did you fill everything in correctly? Then save the discount code by clicking on "Save Discount Code". You can find all your discount codes on the discount code dashboard.
Manually created discount codes
Manual discount codes are suited to more specific targets. For example: If you want to clear out special (product) categories in your online shop, or if you offer digital products, which require a code for the download.
To create a manual discount code, click on the top right button "Add New Discount Code". Here you choose "Manually" and a new page opens.
- Once again it's important to choose a distinct name. The image below shows you an example of a manually created discount code for a digital product.
- Decide if you want to create a one-off discount code or one that can be used several times.
- Afterwards fill in the discount codes. You can add as many discount codes as you want, but be aware: one discount code per rule.
Check your settings and codes and then save them by clicking on "Save Discount Code".
Using discount codes in the email editor
After creating different discount codes, it's time to use them in your emails. The method is the same for either discount code type.
For a quick tutorial on how to add the discount codes to your email watch this video or read the step by step guide below 👇🏼
While creating a new trigger or newsletter you can add "merge tags" to your emails using the email editor. By clicking on the text box, a toolbar appears, in which you will find the "Merge tags" option.
When selecting this option (merge tags) you will see a list with all available tags. In this list you will also find your created discount codes.
Select the preferred discount code and it will appear in your email!
❗ Important: When your email is ready, send a test email to yourself first and check how the trigger or newsletter will appear in the inbox of your customers.